The uMed platform provides an end-to-end solution to identify, engage, and consent patients into clinical studies.
Minimise screen failures
We pre-screen using EHR & digital questionnaires to identify only relevant patients for the study.
Automated patient engagement
We automate patient outreach via SMS, email & letter on behalf of the healthcare provider.
Reach diverse patient populations
We identify and tailor outreach towards minoritised groups leading to 5x more representation.
How we work...
uMed directly engages patients based on health records to build targeted cohorts and linked data.
Using EHR data.
Via SMS, email and letter, on behalf or healthcare provider.
Consent & collect data
Patient provides full consent to share data.
uMed solutions for life science researchers…
Links health record data with direct-to-patient SMS outreach to accelerate patient recruitment for clinical trials.
- Enrol more patients for your trials
- Waste less time screening patients
- Recruit more diverse cohorts
Direct access to IRB approved real-world patient cohorts in specific diseases.
- Rapid patient re-engagement based on baseline dataset to collect additional data and samples
- 35 working days to collect novel endpoints and link to data in the EMR
Over 5 million patients
Working with 3
Working with 8
Featured case study
uMed’s unique engagement strategy for rapid & scalable trial recruitment
- Multi-touch patient outreach via letter, SMS & email on behalf of the healthcare provider increased conversion.
- Supported study progression with device distribution & remote training alongside data collection & aggregation.
- Dedicated nurse follow-up informed & re-assured patients leading to increased randomisations.
uMed worked with a UK based MedTech company on a prospective observational study of patients with COPD. The research aimed to evaluate the clinical effectiveness of a respiratory monitor which measured CO2 levels in tidal breathing of participants.
uMed played an integral role in the progression of this research, not only in the successful recruitment of patients, but also in the distribution of the devices, remote device training via a GCP qualified nurse, and in the collection and aggregation of key data to demonstrate efficacy of the device.
- Patients engaged & screened: 13,353
- Patients consented & enroled: 792
- 740 (100% of target) trained on the device & completed the trial
Find out more
For a clear picture of how uMed could work for you, book a free session with our team.